Comprehensive Eye Examination in Fresno, CA
Eye examinations may seem like a hassle, but they are indeed the best way to keep your eyesight healthy and to catch any eye health problems before they cause damage. It is recommended for some patients to attend yearly examinations while others will do well with bi-yearly examinations.
What to Expect at Your Eye Exam:
One of our expert eye doctors at Fogg, Maxwell, Lanier & Remington EyeCare in Fresno, California will perform a dilated eye examination. Dilated eye examinations are extremely important, as they focus on looking into the eye and the retina. There are many diseases and conditions that can be diagnosed only through a dilated eye exam.
Your exam may include a:
- Visual acuity or refraction test. This tells your doctor if you have a refractive error or if you need to change your prescription.
- Muscle function test. This will determine if there is any muscle weakness in eye movement.
- Binocular vision skills assessment. This test ensures that both eyes are working well together.
- Visual field test. This measures your peripheral vision (the width of the area you see when looking straight ahead).
- Eye pressure test. This will measure intraocular pressure. High intraocular pressure is a sign of glaucoma.
- Color vision screening. To see if you perceive colors accurately.
Treatment options, if necessary, will be presented at the conclusion of your examination.
To schedule a comprehensive eye exam, you can call Fogg, Maxwell, Lanier & Remington EyeCare at our Fresno, California office, or schedule an exam.